Live Set

>The main debate is whether or not to include a full
>version of Tommy from either Leeds or Hull.  On a 2 CD set this will fill
>most of one disc and block out a lot of other stuff.  This concerned me but I
>can understand the thinking behind it.  Chris Charlesworth said a full Tommy
>performance would be justified if he could persuade the record companies to
>make this a 3 CD set !
>
>I'm not a Wayne Newton fan<, but it's actually MCA who's blocking an
extended set, eh? The very people who have denied us a live TOMMY for 27
years now. As those who have been here for a while know, I'm for a 5 disc
set including shows from the Richmond Jazz Festival in `65 to the `89 shows
(Born On The Bayou and Hey Joe, at least). But I will certainly write
(again) to MCA suggesting (very strongly) that at the very least they
release a live TOMMY from `69 - `70...and I might suggest that any of you
who might desire a release like this to do the same.

        Cheers                      ML