Flash Photography

Yo, Whopeople,

Most posted signs at concerts say no "flash" photography because the flashes
can kind of be sort of an irritant to the performers.  Last year at a
Richard Thompson and Danny Thompson show at Chautaugua Park in Boulder, CO I
asked if "non-flash" photography was okay, and they said it was.  Also, most
flashes on your camera only work a few feet away and have no effect
whatsoever on an image further away.  If you wait until the stage lights are
at their brightest, you have plenty of light to get a good shot (and if you
spend more money and get faster film, that will help, too).  Lastly, if you
don't use a flash, nobody knows you are taking pictures anyway. BTW, I think
that I would consider it very rude if I was performing on the stage and
every once in a while these flashes of light kept coming from the audience!

Yours Wholy,

Dave Hughes

Nebraska Public Radio