Re:

>I can't remember where I read this but I know Pete seemed to be grasping for
>straws when talking about writing for the Who after Face Dances.  He said
>something to the effect of "what am I going to write about, soybeans,
>nuclear armament, famine?"  It's good that some people really enjoy It's

Actually I remember the gist of it more as "what DO YOU GUYS want me to
write about...?" which sounds like Pete had much less passion to write for
the 1982 Who.

>better as Popular though).  The problem I have with One At a Time is that
>the section after the opening horns was used for years on CBS Sports.  All
>that comes to mind is "....brought to you by...".  Funny enough I remember

It's interesting that WF got this answer from John on AOL regarding that
part of the song:
WFang01:        You told another fan that Pete rewrote "One At A Time"???
How so?
WhoMeJohn:      John> He didn't rewrite it. He wrote the intro, not the
brass but a couple of the lines after.  He wrote a whole 3 or 4 verses for
it, but I didn't like it, so I put my words to it.