Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #200

WF, Re:

>>>I don't know how much guitar will be played by Pete, but I'm HAPPY that
he doesn't want to do "Pinball Wizard" or "Won't Get Fooled Again"...>>>

Okay.  First off, I don't think it's Pete specifically not wanting to play
guitar on just those songs, but it's Pete not wanting to play guitar
really AT ALL.  I want ONE real rationale from Pete on why he WOULDN'T
want to play guitar, even acoustic, which would still be amazing, on a
thing like Quad, which really has NEVER been performed entirely correctly.
We are without Mr. Moon, but I don't see why Pete isn't using this
opportunity.

Second off, I'm not too angry because...I think Pete's a big fat liar.  I
was just reading in Max R&B (Thanks for the quick service, Greg!  Greg
Biggs, ladies and gentlemen.): "Before the tour, Pete announced that he
was not going to be seen doing any of his famous windmilling.  He told
Rolling Stone that he was tired of breaking off the ends of his
fingernails.  The resolution lasted a full 29 minutes into the first gig
of the tour, then he was off."

Voila!  THAT'S why I don't believe Pete.  And I hope I'm right.  You can
bet that if the Who List was around in 1989, we'd all be sitting here,
going, "Oh, man!!  Pete's not gonna windmill?  Why the fuck is he out
there, then?  What the hell?"  Well, maybe not like that, but you get my
drift.  People probably were upset because it meant that Pete wouldn't be
enthusiastic, but it was very rare that the music didn't grab Pete at
least a few times during a concert.  You can go and say that Pete looked
bored and tired in 1982, but he was FEELING "Love, Reign O'er Me."  You
can hear it in his playing.

And finally, I would love to hear EVERY song you mentioned on your list,
WF.  But, being from the perspective that I've never seen The Who live, I
think I really want to hear Roger scream the end of WGFA.

I saw The Eagles last night, and the bass drum from Don "yeah, I really
know how to play the drums, really I do" Henley was so loud that it hit me
in the stomach every time they played.  THAT, my friends, is what I want
from these concerts.

I'll see you all there.  As soon as I figure out where the hell I'm
sitting, I'll post my seat sections.  WF, if you're two in from the stage,
I'm gonna find you :-)

Jay
              Jason Hare  <hare@acsu.buffalo.edu>
	     "Rust Repairer and Full Time Survivor"- Keith Moon
		http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~hare
      		   "Time is fleeting" RHPS
        Funny how the pages turn and hold us in between.... - Brian May