Re: Stereo Versions

Joe, re:

>Then of course there is the long (4:28) different version of "Magic Bus"
>which I have only found on the US and UK "Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy" LPs.

Don't forget, that version can also be found on the "Who Collection Vol. 2"
CD...

>>I have never heard of "Last Time" or "Under My Thumb" having ever being
released in true stereo.

They haven't. However, I do have "simulated" stereo versions of them on my
Japanese "Golden Double Album"... ...unfortunately, the mono sounds better...
:(

>>"Last Time" - probably does not exist in stereo
"Under My Thumb" - probably does not exist in stereo

I'd say that they may have a chance with these. After all, Astley was able to
"futz" with "The Last Time" quite a bit for the box set. I just wonder what
it would have taken to take it to the next step...

>>"Happy Jack" - probably does not exist in stereo

This one may just be "lost" (Oh Gee Pete, look what we found in this unmarked
box! Isn't it too bad we already released it???") The "b" side "I've Been
Away" was recorded with stereo and it's alternate take on the new "A Quick
One" was, so...

As for the rest...

I was reading in Goldmine that the new "My Generation" (best of, not the
actual LP reissued) CD, features  a "remix" of the song "My Generation" (as
well as a live "Pinball Wizard"--Oh joy!). I'll be curious to see if the yoke
is starting to crack on the Talmy deal and this may be the beginning of
something we've been waiting for...

- -wf