Re: Stereo Versions

At 08:09 AM 06/22/96 -0400, WFang01@aol.com wrote:
>Luke, re:
>
>> Still wonder about Magic Bus... How is the "proper" version on the LP
>different from the stereo version on the Whos Better Whos Best CD???
>
>1) On the original LP, "Magic Bus", the song has great separation and the
>backing vocals, "too much, the magic bus" are very smooth.
>
>2) On MCA's CD versions (aka "Hey, look what I found in the vaults!"), the
>separation is much narrower and the backing vocals seem shrill, similar to
>the 1968 mono Decca single.
>
>Version 1) sounds great and is exciting to listen to, especially loud... and
>version 2) just makes me want to go to the next song...
>
>Of course I would have liked the drums better recorded, but that's a true
>statement of most of the Who material...
>
>-wf

And of course the US "Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy" CD version is a few
seconds longer at the start (for people who are interested in that type of
stuff).

Joe
- -----
Joe Giorgianni
South Glens Falls, NY  12803

If you are interested in the Who and their records please check out my web
page at:

http://www.capital.net/users/giorgian/