Re: How would you do the reissues?

ML wrote:

>I agree with you about the WN including ALL of the Lifehouse >material...I
think they should have done it as a mini-boxed set (like the >LAYLA set),
which would start with the demos, then the NY sessions >complete and
unedited, then the Young Vic concert, then the WN as >released, then the
other Lifehouse tracks and out-takes with the original >running order
included so we could program it to run as originally >intended.

Now that would make a great Christmas box set (!) :), but what plans does
Pete really have for resurrecting Lifehouse? They may say, "Heck with
compiling the original stuff, here's Pete's new version!" Yet, I feel if
they don't do it now, they wont do it at all. Another thought I had, as with
the Beatles and the Stones, is that the Who are part of pop culture and pop
history. Everything they have that is an historically important scratch
track to Scoop quality demos to historically important live stuff should all
find its way into the market place, archived in chronological sets. The
complete Leeds, all the Young Vic stuff etc, should be released, whole and
unedited. This is important stuff that does no one any good languishing
around in unmarked boxes in studio vaults and Petes archives. Even Zappa
could see the historical significance of his career and put out 6 double
CD's of older live material, plus 5 CD's of the live material of his last
touring band. This was followed up with 20 CD sets of bootleg tapes and a
handful of extra live and improv stuff. At this point MCA accountants start
going into a tizzy at the thought of such an expense and Jon Astley throws
up his hands in exhausted dispair - "Can't you just be happy with what you
got?" as he finds yet another unmarked box with (this time for sure) THE
REAL master tapes to A Quick One. It would also be interesting to know just
what Jon used as his research. How many fan types vs label types were
contacted and what he's using as a guideline for structuring the re-issues.