Re: How would you do the reissues?Sun Dec 7 15:01:42 PST 1997

On Wed, 05 Jun 1996 22:58:18 -0400, "Eddie W. Presley Jr."
<epresley@iu.net> wrote:

>Even Zappa
>could see the historical significance of his career and put out 6 double
>CD's of older live material, plus 5 CD's of the live material of his last
>touring band. This was followed up with 20 CD sets of bootleg tapes and a
>handful of extra live and improv stuff. At this point MCA accountants start
>going into a tizzy at the thought of such an expense and Jon Astley throws
>up his hands in exhausted dispair - "Can't you just be happy with what you
>got?" as he finds yet another unmarked box with (this time for sure) THE
>REAL master tapes to A Quick One. It would also be interesting to know just
>what Jon used as his research. How many fan types vs label types were
>contacted and what he's using as a guideline for structuring the re-issues.

I would love to see the Who material treated like Zappa's, but there
is one big difference: Frank took care of his tapes fairly
obsessively, so all the material is there. It seems that nobody took
care of the Who tapes for long stretches of time.

BTW, for Zappa fans, the folks at Barfko-Swill are hinting that they
may release Laether in a 3-4 CD set with additional material.

Kevin B. O'Brien
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies."
                                                        Voltaire