Re: My Generation/Who vs Zep/Pagey

> Ian:
>
> I was waiting for you to bust my chops. Or give it a shot, anyway.

I've done that already, waiting for what you say?

> >I read recently that Pete described the demo as Jimmy Reed doing a song
> >at the age of 12 (the voice reference).  Since there isn't much
> >difference from the demo and the master except for the depth, volume and
> >attack (the chord progression remaining relatively intact) I'd say that
> >Scotty is right.  (as I was two months ago).
>
> I, having also heard the demo, heartily disagree. Townshend said that in
> reference to the original version (which isn't the demo version). You knew
> that, I'm sure. And the background vocals ("...Talking..." as opposed to
> "Talking `bout my gen-eration") make a big difference, too.

> The chord structure may be intact, but the way it's played is different.
> That's the structure non-musician I was talking about. As I said two months ago.
> Your turn.

Chord structure..."way it's played is different"  uh okay, as you say you
aren't the guitarist you want to be.  If you're a non-musician looking at
this song you're no better than a typical moron.  It's the SAME!!!!!!  The
phrasing may be slightly off, but it's the SAME on paper!!!  Why are you
arguing with me when I point out the REAL differences in WHY this is the
first true rock song???  Yet you, without the musical background is
challenging me on it's blues influence?  The couple of times I've tried to
install the fact that My Gen contains the question/respond manner of the
blues you simply ignore (for your gain obviously) let alone the actual
makings of the song.  Mark, listen closely, I totally agree with you about
My Gen, but to say this isn't a product of the blues, as is any song of
it's day is simply stupid.  If you can't hear Pete's blues references in
the original or unoriginal demo of the song, you're pretty much deaf.
When you take a class in music theory, please write back.

You're piddling about with Talking vs. Talking 'bout my gen....??? that
has NOTHING to do with this song's musical basis.  In fact it's the
lyrics that make the song for what it is overall!