Re: My Generation/Who vs Zep/Pagey

>Guess who?

Ian:

I was waiting for you to bust my chops. Or give it a shot, anyway.

>I read recently that Pete described the demo as Jimmy Reed doing a song
>at the age of 12 (the voice reference).  Since there isn't much
>difference from the demo and the master except for the depth, volume and
>attack (the chord progression remaining relatively intact) I'd say that
>Scotty is right.  (as I was two months ago).

I, having also heard the demo, heartily disagree. Townshend said that in
reference to the original version (which isn't the demo version). You knew
that, I'm sure. And the background vocals ("...Talking..." as opposed to
"Talking `bout my gen-eration") make a big difference, too.

The chord structure may be intact, but the way it's played is different.
That's the structure non-musician I was talking about. As I said two months ago.
Your turn.

                   Cheers                   ML