RE: Pete's guitar playing in 79 & 82

----------
From: 	owner-thewho@gateway.mpath.com on behalf of Mark Leaman
Sent: 	Monday, January 08, 1996 7:22 AM
To: 	thewho@mpath.com
Subject: 	Re: Pete's guitar playing in 79 & 82

The only reason we (it's just me, really) are ranting about them is their
reported attitude...being overwhelmed as you say. I'm tempted to ask if they
want a little cheese with that whine. But sure, I'm too harsh...I just want
them to do a proper job. Now Astley should have his plate clear before
taking on a job like this...which pays, as would the Clapton remix.
Charlesworth should be employed by The Who Group (or MCA, or whoever) to do
this job, which would also clear his plate.
Anyway, no one would be ranting if they weren't whining. Besides, even you
complained heavily about A QUICK ONE. So why can't I?

>"A cush job"??? Mark, do you or I really know what they or anyone else is
>being paid or what their other responsibilities in life are??? It's all not
>that simple. AND... I can tell you this from a first hand perspective from my
>involvement with the JAE tour. EVERYONE is working their butts off! I'm not
>complaining one bit, but my wife and I have been working around the clock
>(including full time jobs) to help out. Trust me, there's a LOT of work that
>goes into everything. I can't speak for them, and yes, I'd love the job, but
>don't make it sound like it's so easy. It's not.

It would be a cush job to ME, anyway...apparently to you, too. I didn't say
it wasn't WORK, but that doesn't change a thing. I know what's involved in a
tour; remember that I've been on the front line. It involved my entire
life...I was fortunate to snatch any sleep during the tour.
In other words, I know that it's a lot of work but hard work wouldn'd scare
me. Especially as it would be work I love. I'll do this: let me do Chris's
job for one week, and we'll see the results. Let me wade through the tapes.
I wouldn't hate it, I wouldn't be overwhelmed, I wouldn't complain, and I
have some idea what the people want (and would be willing to listen).

                         Cheers                        ML

Mark, I agree with you.  Their attitude pisses me off, like they're doing us
all some big favor.  We're the ones shelling out the money for this stuff, and
I'm pissed that I have to keep buying and buying and buying . . . I'm not a
millionaire.  Why couldn't they put this stuff out right the first time?  And
I would think they get paid enough to do that . . . yeah I guess their jobs
are so hard compared with the rest of us . . . maybe Pete should read this and
fire those bozos.  He could find illiterate immigrant workers who could do
better.