Official The Who Fan Club

I spent a lovely evening with Matt Kent, Mark Donovan and Andy Neill just
before Christmas at The Mayfair Hotel, London where we ate and drank in the
bar. We actually closed that bar and then Andy and I closed the other hotel
bar! The Mayfair Theatre is where Pete, I believe, premiered Psychoderelict,
Matt told me. In any case there was quite a stir behind the bar when the
missus asked for ketchup for her chips. You Americans and your ketchup (or is
it catsup?). Personally, I prefer A1 on my Fish and Chips.

Anyway these chaps are the same who brought you the well-organised Who
Convention, and had enough clout and persisitence to get John and Roger to
play (with Simon and Zak). Matt had just come from his interview with John
and had met up with Pete recently as well.

Andy Neill runs the record shop "On the Beat" and is a major Who historian
(as well as Beatles, Stones, etc.) having recently published "A Quick Sell
Out," about the Who in 1965-6 and "The Who Downunder," a short booklet and
Tour programme about the infamous 1968 Australian tour. Andy's working on
another book as well!

With these credentials, as well as the band members and Trinifold's blessing,
which they have received, I can heartily recommend this Fan Club.

The focus will be current events and activities rather than a historical
perspective like "Generations," the other superb publication. Actually, you
really need to subscribe to both to get the full range of information, from
the band's glorious past to the members' present activities.

I've sent in my money.  Why don't you "put your money down" right now.

If I can be of any help, please email me. Here's their letter to all of you
which they asked me to post:

'Naked Eye'
The WHO Fan Club,
PO Box 7331,
London E18 1TE
United Kingdom

December 1995

Dear WHO fan,

Just to let you know that the band have agreed to us starting up an official
fan club, which as you can see from the letterhead will be called 'Naked
Eye'.  The band are enthusiastic about the club and have all agreed to give
us as much help and information as possible to enable us to keep you all up
to date on their various activities.

The first issue will hopefully be out at the end of February 1996 and will
have all the news, of which there is quite a lot, of what Pete, John and
Roger have planned for '96.  It will also carry an exclusive interview with
John (Pete and Roger's interviews to follow in subsequent issues), all the
news about Tommy and, of course, a review of the convention.

Many people associated with the band have agreed to submit articles so it
should be possible for us to provide a high quality magazine.

A years subscription, which will include at least 4 issues, plus intermediate
newsletters if required, and various goodies throughout the year, will be £15
for the UK (cheques payable to M. Kent or M. Donovan), and £20 for the rest
of the world, payable by I.M.O or cash by registered post only. (No
Eurocheques please).

We want the club to be as representative of the fans as possible so if you
have any ideas for articles etc. that you would like to see, information you
need or if you are looking for pen friends start letting us know so that we
can begin to plan future issues.

Best wishes

Matt Kent                                                                Mark
Donovan