RE:FAKE WINDMILLS

<<In my humble opinion, I don't think that there is any doubt that
Townshend "misses" the strings on his windmills. When I saw him on
his psychoderelict tour, I wondered how anyone could violently hit
the strings of his electric guitar so quietly.

  John

I didn't see the Psycho tour, but in the past, he DEFINITELY hit the strings
on his windmills.  I always wondered why he didn't bloody his hand.  I read
an interview with him and he said that he knew at the first show of a tour
that he would rip his thumbnail out on the first windmill, and that it
wouldn't heal 'til the tour was over, but so be it.