RE: Entwistle--West Chicago

----------
From: 	owner-thewho@mpath.com on behalf of JOHN J SUTTER III
Sent: 	Saturday, February 10, 1996 12:20 PM
To: 	thewho@mpath.com
Subject: 	Entwistle--West Chicago

   Many of the "Who Digest" people I have talked to were disappointed
in the show.
   Personally, I'm glad I went. I wasn't expecting a Who concert. I
felt the vocals were awful, and perhaps that is why the volume of the
vocals was low.
   I feel you have to give Entwistle some leeway---he doesn't have
the resources nor the marketability, nor, in all probability, the
desire,  to turn his tour into a sort of Who tribute. (As opposed to
Townshend, who played many Who songs during his PD tour, and they
sounded great).
   The Who songs were OK, but, again, were hurt tremendously by the
poor vocals.
   All in all, about what I expected from a 4 piece band in a small
club.

                                            John

John, a 4 piece band is no excuse -- wasn't the Who a 4 piece band??  What
pissed ME off was that we got in there at 8:00 and we didn't get to hear
Entwistle until after 12:00.  He could have had more consideration for his
faithful fans -- I was so tired I couldn't stay for the encore, which Stu said
was great.  Really the only one who was up to par was JAE himself -- the rest
of the band didn't do that well, IMO.  I wish they could have found a better
place to play.