RE: How to solve our MCA problem!

----------
From: 	owner-thewho@mpath.com on behalf of salamander@MADNET.COM
Sent: 	Saturday, April 20, 1996 6:13 PM
To: 	thewho@mpath.com
Subject: 	How to solve our MCA problem!

>By George I think I've got it!
>
>Yes, I, lowly little Ledbetter <aren't aliterations absolutally
>awesome?> have hit upon the perfect strategy MCA SHOULD use to market
>the reissues.
>
>With a nod of the head to PsychoDerelict, I must say that what we really
>need is...RUTH STREETING!
>
>As Michael Jackson has shown us in real life, allegations of child
>molestation can be worth their weight in publicity!
>
>Isn't that a simply SMASHING plan? In the intrest of getting our lads
>the recognition they so richly deserve, I volunteer myself as the pretty
>American fifteen year old. (Two out of three ain't bad.) Someone call
>Ms. Streeting, I'll take care of the nude pictures.
>
>                                -Yellow Ledbetter

Yellow,
You got something there!  Except you underestimate yourself.  The picture I
saw of you was quite pretty.
How 'bout witches teats?  Witches teats are good. <g>

Along the same lines (MCA marketing) here's something that struck me as being
curious:  Led Zeppelin's marketing strategy was the same, that is, *seemingly*
non-existant.  No commercials, no nothing.  Yet that contributed to their
mysterious image, and they seem to be more respected than, say, the Stones.
Being a Zep fan in the '70's was like being part of an "exclusive club."  So
why didn't it work that way with the Who?

Amira