Firsts

<Sender composed mail containing characters not in the US-ASCII set.>
<These characters have been transformed into a printable form.>

This is a great thread!  I=92ve really enjoyed reading these.

First album - Beatles =9265, at 12 years of age.  My sister and I pooled =

our meager resources to buy it at K-Mart.  Bought With the Beatles soon =

after that.  Already owned several 45=92s by then.  "Pictures of =

Matchstick Men" and Strawberry Alarm Clock, that sort of thing.

First concert - Edgar Winter Group, Shaumburg, IL, =9271 in an old =

rundown fieldhouse.  GA, we sat on the cold concrete floor.  Ronnie =

Montrose stole the show with his guitar work.  Left to form his own =

group soon after that.

First Who exposure - Heard "Magic Bus" on the radio, just flat knocked =

me out.  I would guess around 1966.  Later liked "I Can See for Miles". =

 Bought Live at Leeds when it first came out, only because it included =

"Magic Bus" and was most disappointed that it was so different from the =

studio version.  Like many of us, I was initially put off by the =

roughness and raw power of the LP.  No one had heard hard rock like =

that before.  Six months later I was obsessed with the whole LP, =

especially Pete=92s incredible solos.  From there, I backtracked through =

the earlier LP=92s.

First Who concert - Indiana University, Nov =9275.  I was 22 and had a =

fever from the early stages of mono, but there was no way I was missing =

the show.  Afterwards, I felt "cured."  We were amazed at the number of =

hit songs they had, having never heard them played at the same time.

Jon