subscriber profile

"I can see that this is me, and I will be, and you'll all see...

Name: Mike Mooney
Nationality: British
Age: 41 (gulp)
First album purchased: 'With The Beatles' (1963)
First exposure to The Who: 'I Can't Explain' on the radio (1965)
First Who purchase: 'I'm a Boy' (single,1966)
First Who album: 'Who's Next' (1971)
First concert: Curved Air, Birmingham University (1971)
First Who concert: Belle Vue, Manchester (1973, 'Quadrophenia' tour)
Second (and last) Who concert: Charlton AFC (1974)
Favourite Who album: 'Who's Next'/'Sell Out' (tie)
Favourite Who track: 'Sunrise'
Favourite Townshend album: 'Who Came First'
Favourite Townshend track: 'Let's See Action'/'The Sea Refuses No River' (tie)
Vinyl album collection: 1,500 and shrinking
CD collection: 300 and growing
Education: BA (Hons) International History and Politics, Leeds University,
1975 - went there *purely* because of 'Live at Leeds'! MSc Managing I.T.,
Salford University, 1995
Occupation: Systems Analyst/Programmer, University of Bradford
Trivia note: Saw Entwistle's Ox at Leeds University in 1974 - guitarist
Robert Johnson opened the show with the opening chords of 'Can't Explain' to
a huge roar from the audience, then stopped, and grinned 'Only kidding'
Instruments played: Guitar, harmonica
Musical hero: Peter Townshend

...I'm The One." Well, one of The Ones, anyway.

English Mike