still more

1st album - first album i was given was _Sgt. Pepper's..._ at christmas
1982 (yes, same month as the "last concert")- same time i got a turntable
through my friend's father who dealt in "things that had fallen off
trains."  i had won many albums before through radio contests and had
listened to an assortment of dick clark hit collections, johnny cash, and
sesame street albums as a child.  the first album i bought with my own
money was _abbey road_.

1st who exposure - the dino-rock station in town (manchester, nh) always
played a steady stream of who, zeppelin, and, for some twisted, demonic
reason, bob seger (seemingly every 4 minutes - and i bet they still do),
so my post-am radio, junior high school formative years were filled with
who music (although i was still much more interested in baseball than
music then).

1st concert - aerosmith @ the capitol theater in concord, nh, november 1,
1982 (i guess this is an anniversary of sorts for me).  this was the "we
hate each other and everyone's quit but some of us still need the money"
version of aerosmith, that is, no joe perry.  still, for a first concert,
to see aerosmith in a theater was cool - and tyler didn't even pass out
on stage after the first few songs.