Re: Firsts

My first album that I purchased was, like Alan McKendree, The Royal Guardsmen.
 My musical tastes hadn't quite turned "Angry" at that time.  Must have been
about 12 or 13 years old.  Listened to the Fab 4 & M*nk**s alot in those days
too.  It was the thing to do, you know.

My first concert was a group called Bread.  Saw them in beautiful Utica NY.
Don't remember the year. Don't even remember how old I was.  I do remember
having to save "forever" to be able to afford it though.  Still into the
"wimpy" side of music at that point of my life.

Don't remember when my first exposure to The Who was, probably The Smothers
Brothers Show, but I didn't pay too much attention then.  I think my Who
awakening came when I received Who's Next as a gift.  WGFA was IT.  By then I
was an angry, frustrated teen. Unhappy with everything.  I remember going into
work at KFC repeating "Meet the new boss, same as tho old boss.  Of course my
boss didn't have a clue, but that's a different story.

My musical tastes are now quite varied, but The Who will always be my
favorite.

fletch