roger daltrey is alive and wellSun Dec 7 12:14:22 PST 1997

just want to say that roger is alive and well and put on an excellent show in
pittsburgh last night (thursday, sept. 15).  after hearing the reviews from
people in this group i was looking forward to the show and he (and the rest)
delivered.  he seemed to be in perfect health and was very active throughout
the show.

ticket prices were $5 and about 10,000 people showed up, according to this
morning's pittsburgh post-gazette.  the post-gazette's review was similar to
others posted to the email group, saying that a lot of people might have
stayed away from the show, thinking it was a joke, but it was roger and those
who went who had the last laugh.  a very positive review, speaking in glowing
terms of zach starkey's playing, daltrey's singing, entwhistle's playing, and
pretty much the whole thing.  it even went so far to say that some songs had
been given their best performance since moon died.

i enjoyed the whole show.  something that really struck me was simon
townshend's resemblence to his brother, in appearence and voice.  i mean, i
know this happens with brothers, but the resemblence really stood out to me.

john entwhistle introduced 'boris the spider' by saying something about
wanting to change the name of the song to 'manny the spider' or maybe he said
'mary the spider,' or maybe i totally misunderstood what he said.  anybody
have ideas or comments on that?

i was disappointed with the crowd's behavior, which was marred by drunken
obnoxiousness.  someone threw gum in my wife's hair, and there were a lot of
rude comments being shouted.  i hope this isn't general behavior for who
fans.  when roger took a moment for a fairly brief introduction to baba
o'riley, some moron behind me started shouting "shut the f--- up, i didn't
pay for this, play a f---ing song, etc etc"

aside from that, the show was excellent (imho) and if you get the chance, go
out and see it.

marty