A Man With Money...

>i was disappointed with the crowd's behavior, which was marred by drunken
>obnoxiousness.  someone threw gum in my wife's hair, and there were a lot of
>rude comments being shouted.  i hope this isn't general behavior for who
>fans.  when roger took a moment for a fairly brief introduction to baba
>o'riley, some moron behind me started shouting "shut the f--- up, i didn't
>pay for this, play a f---ing song, etc etc"

I'm glad to hear that Roger's gonna "carry on". I'm sorry, though, to hear
that so many assholes showed up... Maybe there's *some* advantage of a little
higher ticket price -> it keeps *some* of the rif-raf out....
I can assure you that the Wolftrap show was very well behaved, possibly
because it was a noticebly older crowd. In fact, the talk between songs was
very important to me...I wanted to hear what Roger thought about things...
That's one thing about the 'old Who' - Pete wouldn't have taken that crap
from any punk in the audience! There most definately would have been a
suitable comeback.

Also, I read 2 awesome interviews last night - that have probably changed
my view towards the guys - permanently.  Roger's interview was in the
recent Goldmine. He goes into how badly John and he have been hurt by Pete
in recent years. They feel "used". And when asked if they would have a Who
reunion if Pete asked them to, he said "Hell no!" And something to the effect
that why should they let him use them like a "piece of toilet paper". He does
want to continue working with John. It's sad that Roger & John have become
so close in recent years and Pete is being "stuck up". It's like he's been
hanging around that Broadway crowd so damn long that they've brainwashed
him into thinking that he's the greatest thing in the world, and that The Who
were really nothing more than *his* backing band. I say that's bullshit.
They asked Roger what he thought of Pete's box-set introductory quote, where
he says "I'm not much of a Who fan". Roger says "It sounds an awful lot like
he thinks his part was *great* while the rest of the band held him back".

I hope it doesn`t sound like I'm a Pete-hater - he's always been my favorite.
I'm just disappointed that he has let the others down. I also read Pete's
interview in 'Guitar World' (the recent issue with the Stones on the cover).
It is an excellent interview, where Pete talks at length about Lifehouse,
early recordings (including the ICE/Page question), and recording techniques.
It was really very insightful. Like the interviewer said, that day Pete was
in a good mood, and when he wants to be, he can be the biggest Who fan in the
world. Both of these interviews are highly recommended reading. If they weren't
so long-winded, I would type them in...
CHEERS!
-the mayor
******BBC Weather Flash - 3:36 It's Cold********
PS -
For those that haven't read the Guitar World interview - Pete talks about
coming up with a crude computer program that, when you entered a person's vital
statistics, it created a synthesizer pattern. This, to me, ties in with the
Lifehouse/Pure & Easy theme - Everyone is a note... Kind of heavy, anyway. The
kicker is, that the synth track in Baba O'Riley is really Meher Baba's vital
statistics! It came to mind that it would have been cool if Quadrophenia had
utilized the 4 different "vital stat synth tracks" for the guys in the band...
Any thoughts?