Transmission for a 97 VW Jetta GLS automatic

Jetta Pros,

   Just some information to add to my previous letter: the 97 VW Jetta
GLS I bought had 75500 miles and is in great condition. It had only one
owner (a woman) and had never been in an accident. I ran a car-fax
report on the vehicle and the report was very promising. The reason I
asked the question, whether 97 Jettas (automatic) jerk/shifting gear
around 20-25mph, is because I have never driven a Jetta or any VWs
before. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Peter Jensen
97 VW Jetta GLS
peter.andrew.jensen@us.army.mil