Re: Broken window regulator

Depends on what the problem is.  Is it not operating at all? Slipping? Stalling?
I wouldn't expect the clamp to solve your problem unless it's slipping.

FWIW, I've had the passenger front window stall (lights will dimm when you try
to operate the window, and eventually the motor will overheat and shut down).
The cable loop had jumped a track on the motor drive wheel.  It was a real
pain, but I managed to re-wind the cable correctly, and it has been working
fine since.

I also have a right rear window that's not working at all now, but I've been too
lazy to look at it.  The window regulators do seem to have a lot of problems on
these cars, tho.

Stefan