Engine light and belt

Hey guys, I've been reading for a while and now I'd like to comment on a
small light that we all know and love: THE ENGINE LIGHT. Last winter 'my
old friend' came on after I washed my car and I assumed that a sensor
was frozen. It warmed up and everything was fine. Now it's come on again
and it has a bit of an attitude, on one day, off the next. Any
suggestions? I'd be willing to invest in
engine-light-disconnection-research at any time. Secondly, my engine
belt is needing to be replaced. I'll be doing some more investing with
Mr. Bentley later in the week, but is this a fairly easy item to take
care of in your driveway? Cheers.

John
'97 Tornado Trek