From: Dan Isaac [mailto:isa@zeebergee.com]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 6:10 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Help needed

Hello all,
I am having some problems with my 97 Jetta GLX .  First off the brake light
on the dash keeps going on and off.  I read in the Bentley
manual that some VWs have a sensor that tells you when you need new brakes,
is this it?  I am also having a really strange problem
with my gas gauge.  It keeps moving from 1/4 to 3/4 full  and I can figure
out why.
If I do need to replace my brakes I would rather not bring it to the dealer
near me.   Is there any one who lives in Westchester NY who might be
willing to help me replace them?  I have tried to work on my car before and
it was not a pretty sight.
TIA for any input.
Dan