From: David Bergesen [mailto:volkswagenvr6@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 1:16 AM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: hard-wiring radar detector

First, are detectors illegal in WA?

Next, I bought a hard-wiring kit from an AutoZone in Tucson a few years back

when I had my Cavalier. It had various DC plugs that were interchangeable
and reversible to match polarity. Very cool, and only $10. I can't find
anything like that in WA to save my life!!! Most shops haven't even heard of

them! The unit's maker doesn't seem to sell one either. I just dislike the
coiled cord, and want to free up the plug for the phone. Also, this way, no
more plug-in-and-turn-on. It'll be connected and start w/ the car. Anyone?
Ideas?

Dave B.