Re: Recipe for No Points on License

Just random thoughts..
Yes, they get to keep your extra $5, but there may be
more people like you, who are doing the same thing...
Still if that was going to work it's worth $5 for not
having a ticket on your record....
Personally, I allways try to get to Traffic Safety
Shool. At least I know then that my ticket will not go
to Secretary Of State...

--- chris collier <collier@iglou.com> wrote:

> I am only forwarding this to the list. It is not
> guarantee that it works, but for
> an extra $5, why not give it a shot?
>
> chris collier
> collier@iglou.com
>

> Subject: How to fix a speeding ticket.
>

> Just thought I would share this with you. I work in
> the
> ticket enforcement division and in the course of my
> investigation into
> fines, their payment methods, and how points are
> assessed against
> drivers' licenses, we discovered something very
> interesting.  This has
> been tried and it works in every state.
> If you get a traffic ticket for any reason, you are
> going to
> get points on your license.  But there is a method
> to ensure that you DO
> NOT get any points! When you get your fine, send in
> a check to pay, BUT
> BE SURE TO OVERPAY THE FINE!
> Let's say your fine is $75, then make the check out
> for $80
> or some small amount over the fine.  The system will
> then send you back
> a check for the difference, BUT HERE IS THE TRICK!
> DO NOT CASH THE
> REFUND CHECK! Throw it away! Points are not assessed
> to your license
> until all financial transactions are complete.
> If you do not cash the check, then the transactions
> are NOT
> complete. However, the system has gotten its money
> and is happy and will
> not bother you any more.  This information came to
> our attention
> from a very reliable computer company that sets up
> the standard database
> used by each state's DMV.
>

>  Good luck and share this with all your friends and
> family
> members.

=====
Matt Z. '98 TRed GLX 73K edition.