RE: Thanks for help on rear calipers

Like I said, F the dealer, go to your local german mechanic.  Cheaper and
usually better.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nate Wall [mailto:NWall@envasns.org]
Sent: 21 February, 2001 9:11 AM
To: list_squid@hotmail.com; jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Thanks for help on rear calipers

<<<1)  They refused to install the brake pads I had already bought for it,
they
can only install "Original VW parts".>>>

This reminds me of a LARGE poster sized comic I saw on the wall of a repair
shop I delivered parts to years ago.  There was a man standing at the
counter of a restaurant with food he just purchased at the grocery store.
He was asking the chef to cook it for him.  The caption said somthing to the
effect, "You wouldn't do this in a restaurant, whould you? So don't bring us
your parts to install."

--Nate wall