Re: Stereo upgrade

On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Neil Tardella wrote:

> I have a 2001 GLX with the 6 CD changer in the trunk
> and multi-function wheel (for volume control and track
> change) .  I would like to upgrade the in-dash
> cassette player to an in-dash (non-stock) cd-player
> which is XM radio ready.  I was told by the service
> dept. at circuit city that if I do the upgrade, both
> the 6 CD changer and the multi-function wheel will no
> longer work.  Does anyone know if this is true?  And,
> if so, are there any other options?

Well, unless you do some research about what head-units will work with
that changer than it is probably true.

As for the steering-wheel controls, I really wish that someone would start
making modules to interface with the steering wheel controls of major
manufacturers, and convert them to some standard.  It would also mean that
head unit manufacturers would need to make some sort of control input.

--
                               John A. Kilpatrick
john@hypergeek.net                Email|     http://www.hypergeek.net/