Stereo upgrade

I have a 2001 GLX with the 6 CD changer in the trunk
and multi-function wheel (for volume control and track
change) .  I would like to upgrade the in-dash
cassette player to an in-dash (non-stock) cd-player
which is XM radio ready.  I was told by the service
dept. at circuit city that if I do the upgrade, both
the 6 CD changer and the multi-function wheel will no
longer work.  Does anyone know if this is true?  And,
if so, are there any other options?

Thanks
-Neil
http://greetings.yahoo.com