Re: New jetta opinion poll... GLX or Wolfsburg?

>From: Cabell_T_Treadway@raytheon.com
>Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:05:15 -0400
>
>One thing to point out, Bill, not ALL BMW's put the battery in the right
>side
>trunk.  I can't say for the whole line, but at the least, the M5 I've
>driven has
>it under the rear bench seat.  Most may have them in the trunk, but not
>all.

You're right .. sorry about my mistake, what I should have said was that BMW
alters the positions of certain items in a car, most commonly the spare
tire/tookit and the battery to help distibute weight as close to 50/50 as
possible not only in regards to front and rear, but left and right as well.
Please also note that each car is designed with manual transmission in mind,
the automatic equivalent for a given engine/car is typically heavier and
throws the balance off.

Bill