RE: New jetta opinion poll... GLX or Wolfsburg?

>From: "Ng, Kevin" <Kevin.Ng@bankofamerica.com>
>Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:09:53 -0400
>
>You make some good points Bill. From your perspective, I can see why the
>BMW
>is a much better car. But the VW ain't no slouch either.
>
>CBR929 as a "grocery getter"? Man, I'd hate to see what your meals are like
>:)

My friends say the same thing! :-)  I picked up the 929 after selling some
options from the Dot-com I used to work at, and had every intention of it
only being a weekend bike (I already had a VFR, and a Valkyrie which Dad
uses).  But I ended up driving it down to the Honda Hoot in Asheville, NC
and it was pretty damn comfy.  It helps doing as many miles as I do, cause
my body is used to the position, but you figure this:

My daily commuter has a better power to weight ratio than a Winston Cup
NASCAR.

My daily commuter gets 40mpg (hehe)

My daily commuter, with the luggage that I've bought for it, has more
storage space than a Miata.

My daily commuter, all 170mph of it, costs half to insure what an econo-box
4-wheel vehicle costs.  I have no points on my license, but living where I
live, being single, and 24 years old ... I pay $4100 in insurance on the
Jetta ... whereas I only pay $1600 on the bike.

Bill
'97 VFR sold (no need for it now that I have the 929)
'98 Valkyrie Tourer (too uncomfortable, but dad likes it)
'98 GLX (going)
'01 CBR929 (Commuter)
'01 325Ci (coming)