Stereo Problems

So the Clarion Pro Audio head unit I put in my GLX in 97 is refusing to
eject CDs.  Fine.  So I need a new one.  I called Crutchfield to ask a
simple question and they said "replace the amp and all the speakers".  I
said "fuck you very much".

Has anyone here installed a deck in a GLX with the Bose system on their
own?  The original system was installed by a dealer, but for the deck I
want to replace it with they charge $100 more.  I don't think that's fair.
And for what I was gonna pay for a midrange unit, I can get the
top-of-the-line Blaupunkt from Crutchfield.

All I know about how my unit was installed was that they attached the
positives for the speakers and "taped off" the grounds.  Does this sound
familiar to anyone?  If I can save $100 on hardware and $50 on the
install, I will...

Thanks,
John

--