Re: 60k maintenance

on 9/17/00 6:12 AM, Robert Malinka at rmalinka@spec.net wrote:

> Kevin:
>
> I noticed you said you had 60K miles on your car what about the timing belt
> did
> you replace that yet?  BTW if you overfilled the oil it could make your engine
> check light come on because your engine will burn some of that and dump it out
> the exhaust which makes your oxygen sensors trip the check light.  It's also
> not
> good for the cat.
> I hope you drained some of that oil out to lower the level to where it should
> be?
>
> Bob

Bob, I have a VR6, which I guess has a timing chain rather than a belt. I
believe it should be replaced around 100k or so.

Luckily tonite the check engine light went off--must've been the gas
pressure thing as I suspected. I checked the oil level on the dipstick and
it was right at the top. Whew.

--Kevin