Re: AUDI S4

>From: Kevin Ng <speedie@optonline.net>
>Subject: Re: AUDI S4
>Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 23:33:08 -0400
>
>FINALLY a decent post from Bill (ie no harsh language)! This is the kind of
>message I want to see. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Thank .. I think =)

>Speaking of the track, I just did another session at Lime Rock today. Fun
>fun fun, but I realized something today. The Mk3 Jetta/GTI simply ain't cut
>out for racing. Even with H&R coilovers I was plowing, especially in the
>rain :)
>If I were to choose an affordable track car it would probably be an E30 M3.
>Its reputation speaks for itself.

Limerock is such a great track!  The elevation changes add a little spice
into an otherwise dull set of East Coast tracks (NHIS excluded).  Which line
do you take through Big Bend?  Do you take the single apex  or the double?
The double is probably a tick faster and a little safer to boot, but the
single line allows you to put the apex where you want it, and gives you
plenty of time/room to set up for throttle-steered exits (in RWD cars of
course).

Watch out for the uphill, I had to come off the gas once to avoid a slower
vehicle while cresting the hill (in the GLX) and proceeded to rotate the
rear end almost completely around ... almost wet myself.  That's also one of
the easiest places on that track to spin.

Bill