Re: AUDI S4

on 9/10/00 6:50 PM, Bill Hussey at list_squid@hotmail.com wrote:

> Limerock is such a great track!  The elevation changes add a little spice
> into an otherwise dull set of East Coast tracks (NHIS excluded).  Which line
> do you take through Big Bend?  Do you take the single apex  or the double?
> The double is probably a tick faster and a little safer to boot, but the
> single line allows you to put the apex where you want it, and gives you
> plenty of time/room to set up for throttle-steered exits (in RWD cars of
> course).

Yeah, lots of nice, tight turns--keeps me busy all day long.

I do the double apex. At first I had no clue how to do Big Bend, but
instructors and other drivers helped me out. What's also cool is that there
are "cheater" markers around various points on the track that help novices
like me find the apex for each turn.

> Watch out for the uphill, I had to come off the gas once to avoid a slower
> vehicle while cresting the hill (in the GLX) and proceeded to rotate the
> rear end almost completely around ... almost wet myself.  That's also one of
> the easiest places on that track to spin.
>
> Bill

That uphill is REALLY scary at first because you can't see over the hill
until you're over it. They don't open up that little kink after the uphill
for most track days, so it's WOT all the way through. A lot of people tend
to slow down too much before that diving turn just before the straightaway
also. But if you hit that turn perfect you can really carry a lot of speed
into the straight. Totally kicks ass :)

If anyone in the NE is interested I believe there are still some spots open
for a public track day at Lime Rock in November. Bill Prout of the Sports
Car Driving Association has reserved the 10th, and the PDA has the 11th.
Contact me if you're interested.

Kevin Ng
97 Jetta GLX Windsor Blue