Re: Antenna Mast Re: Strut Tops

GLXers,

1) To clarify, the broken part on my antenna is not the ring around the bottom, but the actual mast that you screw in to the base. I am sure that the gasket around the base does not look so hot, but I am not concerned about it.  Yet.

2) Before money got so tight I was investigating lowering my suspension, and was planning on changing both the front strut mounts as long as they were exposed. I got a price of $29 each from a few places, I think including Shox.com and Virtual World Parts (aka the Potterman's). If I am not mistaken, the part is either 191 412 329 or 357 412 331 A, depending on your year. I know there was a change somewhere along the line, but the price I got was for my '95 GLX. Based on the fact my car always requires the more expensive part, I would say the change came in 1996, but double check me. Most of that $260 quote is probably labor, as you need to remove the front struts to get at them.  If you are planning on upgrading/lowering your suspension, now is the perfect time!!  I am curious if a passing visual inspection from under the hood could really give an accurate diagnosis, or did they notice this while driving your car. If they did not road test it, the guy is either a VW God, or yanking your chain. Just some food for thought....

Sean
DRVR FND