RE: Bodyside moldings

That's the problem it doesn't last - eventually the summer heat
and the cold, most likely a difference in the thermal coefficents
because of disimilar materials causes it to separate.  This is cheap
chinzy way to fasten the molding and ironically VW use to always use
mechanical fastners but to save a penny they went with adhesive.
All my other VW's (4 each) all had mechanical fastners and they never
never came off the car.

Bob