Strut Brace Installation

Greetings All...

I recently purchased a "Ractive" upper strut brace off E-bay. I have a '97
GLX and this brace is supposed to "bolt on". Well, it does not. The brace
has circular platforms by which one is supposed to mount it to the strut
towers. These platforms have a number of holes drilled into them and
according to the directions my '97 is supposed to have bolts in this
alignment to slip this thing over. It does not. I contacted the dealer I
purchased it from and he does not know what is going on.

I am thinking I should just spot weld this puppy on. I do not want to drill
into my strut towers! Any suggestions or concerns? And do I want tension
pulling "in" on the towers or pushing "out"?

Quite Appreciative...

Greg