Re: clutch rattle?

Andy:

Oh boy that sounds real bad.  Probably the flywheel weights from your
governor are hitting their perihelical frequency on the housing.  This is
problematic with the VR6 engines when you constantly floor the pedal to feel
that torque surge.  You know what happens if the wieghts touch the housing?
When they do let go they could possibly penetrate the housing and wreak
havoc in your engine compartment.  Don't worry they usually don't have
enough velocity to get into the passenger compartment because VW builds an
extra strong firewall to absorb things like that from happening.  Thank god
we have VW's robust engineering to protect us.  I do know someone who can
fix it but not sure he's online right now.  Hey Wally are you out there
maybe you could help this poor fella out with how you fixed your governor
flywheel weights?

If Wally's not out there perhaps Khan can help you out?

With deep respect,

Dr. Bob