From: Brian Wanamaker [mailto:bwanamaker@sofsol.com]
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2000 6:38 AM
To: 'jettaglx@igtc.com'
Subject: RE: door rattle

I put up with a door rattle for over a year in my '98 GLX. Two trips to the
dealer didn't help. Fortunately, they didn't charge me, they just said they
couldn't locate it. I tried some of that non-stick tape Volkswagen sells
that goes on the inside, top edge of your door -- no luck.

I finally greased the door latch/striker mechanism and put some stuff on the
rubber door gasket that I had left over from my old refrigeration repair
days. Is a very thin silicone lubricant in an aerosol can. Its made by Kold
Draft and is intended to be used to make ice cubes release from ice machines
better. Its a food-grade product. I guess you could even drink it if you
wanted to. I just sprayed some on a cloth and rubbed it on.    Guess what ??
No more rattle !!  That was 6 months ago and the rattle hasn't returned yet.

Brian Wanamaker
'98 GLX - black/beige leather