Re: Switching to Synthetic at 52K Miles?

synthetic will always protect your engine more,
no matter when you start using it.  it only would
have made sense to use it earlier, because some
tests have shown an increase in engine life.  some
even claim an increase in power with the same engine
although this is disputable.

your primary advantage at this point is the fact
that you will 'burn' less synthetic over dinosaur.
this could save your engine and money.

i wouldn't expect any increase in power.
expect convience of not having to change
your oil as frequently with the same amount of
protection.

jeremy
94 mazda rx7 touring
no jetta, still on the list for some reason.