Trans Questions....

Hey GLXers-

I have a question about the performance of my A3 GLX trans.  After the car
is fully warm, if I take off in 1st gear very hard (without wheel spin), in
a race for instance, and then shift 2nd very hard (NOT a power shift or
anything, I use the clutch but shift hard enough to get a very solid
chirp), the gearbox seems to "lock" up. I am unable to get the car to shift
to neutral or any other gear. I had the trans fluid drained and filled with
synthetic a month or so ago and am wondering if they put in the wrong weigh
or something. I remember seeing a while ago about there being to different
weight synthetics to use. I do not remember this happening before the fluid
change. Has this happened to anyone, and/or what weight trans fluid have
you guys had good luck with. BTW. the clutch is in great shape, and there
is never any grindage. If I do not chirp the tires but take off hard it is
OK. I do not suspect a trans problem or anything so that is not where I am
concentrating for now. Thanks in advance...

Sean
Driver Found