OT: buying GTI?

   Ok I will get the VR6 content out early because after that its all off
topic, My VR6 is not going to test its limits on the Autobahn.  (I have my
reasons email privately if you want to know)

   I just found out that I am going to Germany for the next three years
starting in Nov.(order your parts now)    This is what I plan on doing,
buying an older GTI so I can ship it over and have fun with it.   What
shipping a car over does is allow me to ship one back(doesn't have to be the
same car).
   I would save my money and buy one over there but I want a project GTI.
If I buy one over there and want to keep it I will have to change allot of
Euro spec equipment to conform to US standards.   While over there I can
always sell and buy another car if I want to.  Also when I was there last
time I remember allot more Opal's than I do VW's.   I know I can find what I
want here but I am not so sure about over there.   Anyone have any thought?
Uwe?

Brian
98 TRed GLX
http://homepages.msn.com/YosemiteDr/bkvr6/index.html