Re: Fuel Injectors

At 11:58 PM 5/16/00 PDT, you wrote:
>Greetings All...
>
>I recently purchased a 1997 Jetta VR-6 with 35K and a manual transmission.
>The motor seems to run rough. I think the injectors are either miss
>calibrated or dirty. Having spoke with a couple of injector gurus they say
>VW's are prone to injector failure. Has anyone witnessed a similar scenario?
>
>Greg

Surely you must be kidding?   I have had VW's with fuel injection since 1978
and have never replaced a fuel injector.  All the engines ran without
problems for lots of miles. Just because your motor runs rough doesn't mean
it's your fuel injectors. More than likely it's probably your ignition wires
or coil.  I would certainly check those items first before getting into
anything on the engine.  Also change your fuel filter and use decent fuel.

Dr. Bob