Air box mod

	Whats up? I have a question, I want to mod my air box, but im not
sure what is good to do and what is not. I just did something though and it
seemed to work, i was wondering if any one could tell me if it is a bad
idea to do. First I disconected the intake pipe that leads to never never
land of the fender wall, which left the front of the box open. Then i took
that screen thing drilled out the rivets, took off the screen and replaced
it with a less restrictive one, connected with a hose clamp. Now here is my
question, in leaving the front of the box open will it or could it
potentially cause and negative short-term or long-tern effects. I drove it
around for about 45 minutes, its sounds unbelievable and i think there was
a little performance gain. I guess my main concern was the possiblity of
the intake air being too hot, but temps all around seemed fairly stable. I
would appreciate any input that anyone may have.
Thanks
Rosh
P.S. If i get around to it i would like to try and run a hose from
somewhere in front of the car to the air-box,I dont have too much time
though finals this week, woopee.
Thanks again