Re: The VW Jetta GLX Mailing List Digest V4 #112

> Last problem. I do think my belt is about to go. The car has been hesitant
> to start the past several days when I'm preparing to leave for work. I'm
> guessing maybe that the belt is loose and not spinning the alternator quite
> as well as it should. Any ideas?
>
> David John

The power to start the car comes wholly from the battery, not the alternator, so
this is not an indicator of your belt.  At the speed it is turning during
cranking, the alternator is putting out near zero current.  You may need new
plugs.  Was it damp at all?  The coil pack in A3 VR6s are shit, and most seem to
go bad eventually.

Nick M
96 Jetta VR6 - Garrett v.11