Re: [VW-VR6] Do not open "I L0VE Y0U" email attachments

In a message dated 5/8/00 12:03:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
khan@mediaaccess.com writes:

<< >Why? I ask because I'm not familiar with Macs.

 The reason why is that a Mac can not run visual basic worms like this
 one was. The worm/virus was written in Visual Basic which requires
 Windows and MS Outlook to propogate (but will infect computers that
 run Windows and any e-mail software, as long as that computer can run
 visual basic code).

 The bottom line is that the Mac is not vulnerable to this problem,
 because it uses technology that is specific to Windows. >>

Ah. Thanks for the info. I'm Mac-dumb, so I had no idea why you'd said that.

Cheers,

David Steele
1998 JettaGLX TRed
1988 JettaGL White