Re: [VW-VR6] Do not open "I L0VE Y0U" email attachments

>In a message dated 5/4/00 5:47:52 PM Central Daylight Time, jchadwic@ch2m.com
>writes:
>
><< Now, if everyone ran a Mac, these problems wouldn't be problems! >>
>
>Why? I ask because I'm not familiar with Macs.

The reason why is that a Mac can not run visual basic worms like this
one was. The worm/virus was written in Visual Basic which requires
Windows and MS Outlook to propogate (but will infect computers that
run Windows and any e-mail software, as long as that computer can run
visual basic code).

The bottom line is that the Mac is not vulnerable to this problem,
because it uses technology that is specific to Windows.

-Khan
--

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax