Re: 2000 or 2001 model?

At 8:14 PM -0500 03/25/2000, Jdr050@aol.com wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I just signed on to the list because I've becoming a BIG fan of the VW Jetta
>within the last 6 months.  I've been browsing the dealerships in search of a
>silver Jetta GLS VR6.  The only thing that's holding me back right now is
>whether or not I should wait for the 2001 model.  In the Motor Trend website,
>it states that the 2001 model will be freshened.  I'm using this list as my
>information source... So, does anyone know what will be freshened next year?
>What exactly does that mean?  Is it worth it for me to wait?  If anyone has
>any advice they can offer me before I invest $20K+, please let me know.
>Also, does the GLS VR6 come with the 15" or 16" rims?  Do I get a choice?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>John
>(A now transformed VW fan)

Well, according to VW Vortex, a new sport package will be available
for the 2001 series. "This package will include revised spring, shock
and stabilizer bar rates as well as standard 16" alloy wheels. Expect
this option to about $250 dollars."

According to the timeline, this is due in September.

-K

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax